Thursday, February 16, 2012

D-Day: New York to Kazakhstan

Queens, New York 
2/15/2012 2:53 pm

     I leave beautiful sweet New York for Kazakhstan in just a few hours.  Not sure what to expect.  At the moment, this whole venture is a mixed bag of feelings and thoughts.  However, it will be an adventure.

     My flight leaves just slightly after ten p.m. tonight from JFK with a brief stop in Frankfurt, Germany.  Hopefully, I get to down a stein or two before beginning the second leg of my sixteen hour journey.  As they say, beer is the bread of the masses, so I intend to load up.  Well, I think that's what someone must have said at some point.

Well, back to packing.

2/15/2012 5:12 pm

     Still here.  Packing some more and more.  Almost done.  I feel like I am missing something.  But, that always happens when I do the packing.

     This is ourselves under pressure.

2/15/2012 6:24 pm

     Just about packed.  Cutting it close, I suppose.  My family has this habit of unpacking everything I pack which may sound counterproductive but, after they are through there is space in every luggage piece to pack so much more.  It's not that I'm a bad packer (I'm sure there is an innuendo in there), they just kill it on point.

     I'm kind of nervous about my trip.  I'm looking forward to it but, I have this feeling in my gut.  I kind of thought that my life here in New York will be on pause but, I know life carries on.  People die, babies are born, time moves on.  It's pretty surreal being in another part of the world outside the United States during 2012.

     I wonder what is going to change when I return to this place.  I know I'll be able to get back into the daily grind of family and friends once I return - those are the people you need in your life, the ones that, no matter how far apart you are physically, you are able to connect to them and understand them and take off where you left.  But, perhaps I should think about how I can change and not how people or things over here in New York can change in as little as six months.

Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.

2/15/2012 6:52 pm

     OK.  Time to hit the shower and get the fuck to JFK!  Onward to the future!

    Godspeed, Spiderman.

'Till next time,

Shaak.

No comments:

Post a Comment